STREET MAINTENANCE WORKER
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to repair and maintain city streets and right-of-ways.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collects leftover and broken asphalt for transport to the landfill.
2. Uses a concrete saw to cut asphalt.
3. Shovels asphalt behind roller.
4. Patches potholes.
5. Mows and weed-eats rights-of-way areas.
6. Cleans right-of-way areas with chain saws and hand tools; picks up litter and debris after storms and special events.
7. Assists with right-of-way and drainage system maintenance; performs masonry duties and clears catch basins.
8. Places signs to reroute traffic around work sites; flags traffic.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school or GED, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 0 to 6 months related experience or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Posted: August 31, 2022