PARKS AND RECREATION POSITIONS
The City of Jonesboro, Arkansas has several part-time opportunities in it's Parks and Recreational department at such centers and parks as, Earl Bell Gym, Parker Park Gym, Allen Park Gym, Joe Mac Campbell Park, Southside Softball Park and Miracle league Park, and other city parks and cemeteries.
- Center Attendant - This entry level employee will assist in performing maintenance and support functions for Community Centers. Greets customers/patrons entering the center, answers phone calls, monitors and engages patrons.
- Program Staff (Rockwall Attendant) - This entry level employee will assist with patrons visiting the rock wall and coordinating with parks administration on rock wall events/parties.
- Program Staff (Shooting Range) - Assists in performing support functions at Shooting Sports Complex. Must have experience and understanding of various shooting disciplines including trap, skeet, rifle, and pistol.
- Center Supervisor - Supervises center attendant, programs staff, and volunteers. Schedules employees based on operating hours. Report equipment, supply and facility needs. Engages patrons to resolve complaints. Maintains facility records and patron count.
- Concession Staff - This part-time position's duties include handling cash and card transactions, providing friendly customer service, and handling food and beverages. Must be able to stand on your feet for up to 4 hours at a time, be able to bend, stoop, push and pull, and frequently lift up to 35 lbs.
- Groundskeeper - This part-time position may work at any of our city owned parks mowing, weed-eating, landscaping, trash pickup, and providing maintenance to our parks and facilities. Must be dependable and work safely at all times.