Parks and Recreation Positions
The City of Jonesboro, Arkansas has several part-time opportunities in it's Parks and Recreational department at such centers and parks as, Earl Bell Gym, Parker Park Gym, Allen Park Gym, Joe Mac Campbell Park, Southside Softball Park and Miracle league Park, and other city parks and cemeteries.
- Center Attendant - This part-time position will provide a dependable, friendly and welcoming personality that will greet and assist patrons at our gymnasiums and public centers. Must answer the phones with a smile and help organize events. Will also clean and keep centers organized. Park Attendants are required to work outdoors.
- Park Attendant - This part-time position duties include the maintenance, safety and beauty of the park grounds, park equipment, vehicles and facilities. Duties include, but are not limited to: pruning, mowing, weed eating, digging, trail building, cleaning facilities, raking leaves, painting, sweeping, edging, checking oil and grease in small engines and trucks, replacing mower blades, cleaning equipment, cleaning and organizing the park shop.
- Concession Staff - This part-time position's duties include handling cash and card transactions, providing friendly customer service, and handling food and beverages. Must be able to stand on your feet for up to 4 hours at a time, be able to bend, stoop, push and pull, and frequently lift up to 35 lbs.
- Groundskeeper - This part-time position may work at any of our city owned parks mowing, weed-eating, landscaping, trash pickup, and providing maintenance to our parks and facilities. Must be dependable and work safely at all times.
- Program Staff - This part-time position will work collaboratively with community center staff and Youth Sports Coordinators to develop work plans and set clear and measurable goals. Employees will also assist in maintenance and care of sports equipment and materials and supplies for various sporting events.
- Shooting Range Assistant Coordinator - The ideal candidate must have experience and an understanding of the various shooting disciplines such as, Trap, Skeet, Archery, Rifle and Pistol. This position will be working with the city’s Parks Director and the Range’s Project Manager in ordering equipment and preparing the facility for opening to the public. Must be 21 years of age and no felony record and no criminal charges or court orders that would prevent you from being in possession of firearms.