PARKS POOL LIFEGUARD
Summary: The Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Department is seeking a dedicated and reliable individual for this safety sensitive (SS) position. Lifeguards are responsible for the monitoring of and safety of patrons at the Jonesboro Pool Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and ensuring the safety of swimmers. This duty is performed daily.
- Enforcing pool safety rules in and around the pool. This duty is performed daily.
- May be required to perform rescue operations. This duty is performed as needed.
- Teaching swim lessons when scheduled. This duty is performed as needed.
- Must keep the pool area clean and safe for patrons including vacuuming the pool. This duty is performed daily.
- Setting up, changing, and removing pool lane ropes. This duty is performed as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must be 16 years of age. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Applicants must have or be able to obtain Lifeguard, CPR, and First Aid Certifications.
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time.
- Must be able to swim 300 yards using front crawl or breaststroke
- Must be able to do complete a 2 minute tread using legs only.
- Must be able to retrieve a 10 pound weight from 7 feet deep, surface, and swim 20 yards with the weight.