This part-time position may work at any of our city owned parks mowing, weed-eating, landscaping, trash pickup, and providing maintenance to our parks and facilities. Must be dependable and work safely at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
- Overall duties include the maintenance, safety and beautification of the park grounds, park equipment, vehicles, and facilities. These duties are performed daily.
- Duties include, but are not limited to: pruning, mowing, weed eating, digging, trail building, cleaning facilities, raking leaves, painting, sweeping, edging, checking oil and grease in small engines and trucks, replacing mower blades, cleaning equipment, cleaning and organizing the park shop. These duties are performed daily.
- Cleaning of restrooms and playground equipment. These duties are performed daily.
- May render emergency first aid as necessary. This duty is performed as needed.
- May operate off-road park equipment and use hand tools. These duties are performed as needed.
- May be required to drive park department vehicles. This duty is performed as required.
- May be required to use appropriate safety equipment for protection of self or the public. This duty is performed as required.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
Minimum requirement; general educational background without high school completion, plus 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.